Friday, January 3, 2014

hugs and kisses

Hello, today I have a new card I would like to share with you.

I got an email today from the lovely Sara who kindly agreed to exchange cards with me that she has received hers so I can show mine on the blog.

Sara_1

As I was packing the card up I was surprised how far out the butterfly wings stick out. So on the widest points I think the card might be 6.5 inches. I colored Tilda onto Bazzill kraft cardstock and colored her with Prisma Color Pencils in. For the background I used some swirl lines I saw Chris Dark doing on some of her “older” artwork to fill in areas and I always loved it, so I gave it a try too. For that I used my Copic Multiliner.

Sara_2

Other supplies used:

Hip Hip Hooray Tilda
Paper: Magnolia Mini papers (tealpink)
Sentiment: Amuse Art Stamps or Penny black?! I forgot
Dies: Magnolia DooHickey heart tag, Go Create, Butterfly Joy crafts
Toos> Big Shot, heat tool
Other: flowers, button, Frantage, Gesso, gel pen, doily

4 comments:

  1. Your colouring on this sweet card is amazing. The squiggles à la Chris really give a sense of movement to the image and I love the little touches of white here and there. Hugs, Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG.. your coloring with prisma colors are Stunning!!! I have always wanted to try those pencils after seing your coloring.. But Haven´t´got aroundt yet.. And The image really pops, as you have colored it on brown cardstock... Beautiful.. I think the brown paper really makes all the colors pop!! Stunning.. with the Butterflies.. The only problem I can think of.. That it is a bit fragile when shipping in mail.. I had that trouble when sending my Christmas cards this year... that my cellofan envelopes were not big enough!!

    ReplyDelete